Tuesday 10 May 2011

Marathons and Baked Delights

I feel like Mr Blobby. The assumption that I won't be able to eat a bite of food for at least a week after getting the teeth out on Friday better hold true, otherwise I'm in quite the lardy pickle. 


I was in trouble from the start today. Breakfast had barely settled, then cut to me, sitting in my office staring down a box of Ferero Rocher. A slice of Lemon cake sat next to it, lovingly baked by Carolin and wrapped in tin foil. Also tin foiled was some banana bread from last week's baking endeavours and a slice of choccie cake that I brought in for Eric as he missed out on last night's food fest. Eric was AWOL and I was getting peckish. It could have all gone horribly wrong and it kinda did. Granted most of the bingeing happened when I got home and to the best of my knowledge there are still tin foil clad cakes in the office but no Fererro Rocher. It was unfortunately, one of those days. When you come home early and start watching YouTube videos instructing the viewer in the art of making Pulpo, Calamari and Tortilla de Patatas, followed by Jamie Oliver shaking a few pans containing Chorizo and other Spanish Delights, things can only go downhill. Or in my case, in the direction of the fridge. I'm so full of chocolate and cheese I may puke. The upside is that I'm ready for Spanish Night and all the cooking that it will entail. OlĂ©!


At least by then I will have started Dublin Marathon preparation 2011! My program is typed up and ready for printing and sticking to the fridge. Am quite looking forward to ticking off the miles and getting stuck in to some proper training again. Lord knows I need it. May 23rd is D-day. I will be minus 3 wisdom teeth and (hopefully) will have made it through the 2 hens the month has on offer. Nothing for it then but to get running and think about fitting into some pretty dresses at all these upcoming weddings - and running the Marathon in October - but pretty dresses come first.

No comments:

Post a Comment